- The Creative Hub / Earthskin Retreat residency in Muriwai
- Publishing my children's book Bruce Finds A Home
- Emotional Support Animal coming third in the Sunday Star-Times short story competition
- Women's Studies being published in Bonsai
- Speaking in Tongues being published in Headland
- Visiting Europe for the first time
- Participating in Wellington's LitCrawl
- Having the Bill I've worked on with MP Ginny Andersen pulled from the ballot
- Signing up to do a doctorate with the topic 'writing to change the world'
- Meeting so many inspiring people - and staying connected to the inspiring people I already know
It's the last day of 2018 and I'd just like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has supported my writing this year. 2018 has been a roller-coaster ride and the best writing year of my life. Highlights include:
My short fiction has been published in Headland, Hue and Cry, Pot Roast and Aerodrome. I'm an award-winning playwright and zine creator, and my play Indiscretions was published by Playmarket. I have contributed articles and creative non-fiction to The Spinoff, The Sunday Star Times, The NZ Herald and more. I also manage the social media for my cat Bruce, and I wrote and illustrated a children's book, Bruce Finds A Home, based on his exploits.